Question , Cuyahoga fair

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Question , Cuyahoga fair

Postby Dave44142 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:22 am

I notice that all of the buildings at the Cuyahoga fair have gun buster stickers plastered all over but none caught my
eye at the gate? what is the legal story there?
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
Dave44142

Re: Question , Cuyahoga fair

Postby WestonDon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 am

In a nutshell, county fair boards cannot prohibit firearms on the grounds but can prohibit them in the buildings, as long as said buildings are not a parking facility, shelter, or restrooms. I am sure others will be along shortly with more details. There are quite a few threads on this topic on this forum.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Postby 3FULLMAGS+1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 pm

WestonDon wrote:In a nutshell, county fair boards cannot prohibit firearms on the grounds but can prohibit them in the buildings, as long as said buildings are not a parking facility, shelter, or restrooms. I am sure others will be along shortly with more details. There are quite a few threads on this topic on this forum.

^^^^^this.

And you can carry in grandstands also, as long as you can enter them without going through the or a building that is legally posted.
Darrel

They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Postby M-Quigley » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Dave44142 wrote:I notice that all of the buildings at the Cuyahoga fair have gun buster stickers plastered all over but none caught my
eye at the gate? what is the legal story there?

Last year Darke County was the same way on all the buildings, (including bathrooms) I didn't notice the entrances, will look this year.
M-Quigley

Return to Real Life Encounters