Clermont County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Clermont County

Postby Damonte » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 pm

My wife and I filed in Clermont County last night. The Sheriff's office accepts applications until 6:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursday (5:00pm otherwise).

Clermont does walk-in only. We got there around 6:10pm and stood at the information window for about two minutes before one of the four deputies inside noticed us. When asked if we'd been helped, I replied "Not yet. We're here to apply for concealed carry permits." This earned me a brusk "It's after hours." I courteously pointed out that I was under the impression that the application hours were extended until 6:30pm on Tuesdays. After a "Huh", he went to fetch an office person (not a deputy) to process us.

After that, it was smooth sailing. Our applications were taken, we had all the materials and fees ready so after about two minutes of waiting, we were each called to a window (the "Webcheck" window) to get electronically fingerprinted, pictures take, and digital signature taken. We were told that they were running about 30 days due to a heavy volume of applicants.

Will report later when we get them.
Damonte

Re: Clermont County

Postby danoam » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:47 pm

I applied in Clermont County last spring. I got there about the same time as you did and didn't have any problem. It took about the max time for mine because they were busy last year. I hope they are busy this year too. Hope you get your call soon, carry safe!
danoam

Postby Damonte » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Got the call and picked them both up on Wednesday, Feb 8th.
Damonte

Postby bangingears » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 pm

from what I understand, clemont seems to always be busy :)
bangingears

Return to Q&A: CHL Applications and Renewals