Address Change

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Address Change

Postby Ken6PPC » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm

I recently moved (to an adjacent county). I called the Sheriff's Office that issued my CHL asking about getting a new license with my new address.

I was told that I didn't need to do that, just to keep my change of address card from BMV with my CHL and Driver's License.

Is that right, and will it keep me "legal", or do I really need to get a new license with my new address? I seem to remember that you are supposed to notify the Sheriff when you move.

OK, so I did notify the Sheriff's office, but do I need a new license or not? I don't think the Sheriff's office wrote anything down about my change of address.

Thanks in advance! ...Ken
Ken6PPC

Re: Address Change

Postby sodbuster95 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Your only obligation is to notify them of the change. There is no requirement that you get a new physical card.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Return to Ohio Concealed Carry Discussion